Image Map

CLASSROOM REVEAL 2015!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by to check out my classroom reveal! I put a lot of thought and time into creating a classroom that I love and that I hope my students love. I have once again planned a set up with student independence in mind. I've kept many of the same things from last year, and added some new things as well. I hope you enjoy!

WARNING: This post is PHOTO HEAVY.




This outside of my room is purple for days and I LOVE it.


I keep this little motivational note on my door for students to see when they enter. The colors this year make me happy.








The pink basket is where I keep materials for write the room and the purple basket is our workstation "turn-in bin."


Our write the room basket is all set with our fall letter quest! 


Here are our classroom piggy banks that I use as one classroom management tool.
The leis are used for my write the room station. Students wear the leis at write the room so I know that they are allowed to be up and moving through the room.


Here is our dismissal chart, word-a-pillar and brownie points management system.


I adore these line-up spots from Really Good Stuff!



My number and alphabet area is the same as last year because let's be honest...no one likes hanging numbers and letters on the wall. Plus those bulletin boards were a lot of work last year so I was happy to get two years out of them. :)


...because who doesn't love superheroes?





I love this space in my classroom. This year I've set up these baskets to hopefully keep me organized and keep papers off of my work spaces. They are labeled for:
Notes From Home
Extra Papers
Papers for Next Week
Paperwork to Sort


The striped box on my desk is my "mailbox." When students write me notes or draw me pictures, they put them in my mailbox so I can look at them and keep them somewhere safe. 


I also keep a picture of myself on my first day of kindergarten on my desk. My kinders always get a kick out of this. 




The seasonal word wall is a new addition this year. I placed it above our writer's desk so students can see how to spell commonly written words for various times of year.


Of course our beloved crayon tubs.







Our classroom library with our beautiful new library chairs thanks to Donors Choose!


These holders are essential to student independence in my classroom. They are labeled with workstation icons and we keep extra recording sheets here. Students know when they run out of papers in their workstation, they come here to get more. All without interrupting my guided reading lesson!


The leveled side of my classroom library. I also keep student interest books as well.


I love that my classroom has so much shelving. This is our supply organization space.





We keep our early finisher tubs organized by table color.



My binder-ize project is complete! I keep the reading binders close at hand incase I need to pull materials for guided reading.


The rest of them are kept on the shelves underneath.


Here is my guided reading space. I display objectives on my PVC anchor chart stand, sound sorts in my blue and pink tool box, and dolch flashcards in the colored boxes.


This is where I keep the other important guided reading materials: slinkies for sounding out words, cars for blending sounds, witch fingers for concepts about print work, etc.




Here is where we keep our literacy workstations. They are marked with the workstation on the basket, as well as on the shelf so students know where to put each basket back. This makes clean-up much easier and makes me a happy teacher.



I will be labeling these boxes with each student's picture. In these, we will keep their workbooks and light materials.


Ok ok, no more pictures. So far, things are running smoothly with our classroom organization. Hopefully it only gets easier from here. Happy school year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment